"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."

Take a broken girl, treat her like a famous princess, give her the best seats in the house. Tell her something true when all she's known are lies. Tell her about forgiveness, the possibility of freedom, tell her she was made to dance in white dresses. All these things are true.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Graduation is upon us my dear friends.

This isn't the end of our lives, it is but the beginning of a story yet unknown. Saturday is my graduation. Today we had Graduation practice...Tears were shed, and even more are going to be shed I can guarantee it. It's sad and depressing for some and happy and joyful for others. For me though...It's both. After graduation I'm going to Colorado for college, leaving Texas and my friends behind to find what I want to do with my life and what I'm about and who I am. It's going to be a long journey and I can't wait for it, but at the same time I'm leaving behind the people that have helped shape me, helped save me, helped me in so many ways that it's unbelieveable. Graduation seemed so far away and now it seems like it's tomorrow. Please tell me...Where has the time gone? I still remember the days when playing with hula hoops and jump ropes were fun during the summer. When Sailor Moon and Pokemon took up our afternoons and weekends, and rockstars, popstars, firemen, and astronauts were the in jobs to have. Now, it just seems like, Where are you going after you graduate? What are you going to do with your life? And you realize that you will never become a rockstar, a popstar, a fireman or an astronaut. You realize that you need an actual real job. I don't know if I'm actually ready for this little step, or should I say, A giant leap of faith into the world unknown...All I have to say is: "This isn't the end of our lives, it is but the beginning of a story yet unknown."

No comments:

Post a Comment